Friday, January 13, 2012

Franchisee Profile: Chris Pulliam of Fort Worth, Texas

Fetch! Pet Care – Chris Pulliam
Franchisee Since: 2007

Q: What was your career before franchising?
A:  Before franchising with Fetch! Pet Care, I was working for a company that trains commercial truck drivers. My wife and I wanted to look into a business where I could keep my job and the benefits that they provided my family. I wasn’t ready to venture out on my own with a business.

Q: What was appealing to you about joining a franchise system?
A: My family has been always been entrepreneurs. My great grandfather started a swimming pool business which has been in the family for years. Swimming pools weren’t something that interested me so out of college I began thinking about the pet care industry and opportunities to start a business in that field. After my wife and I got married and had children, we were looking for something that we could do that would still allow me to keep a full time job. Going back to the pet care industry, I found Fetch! and decided it was an affordable opportunity in a field that I cared about.

Q: Regarding your previous experience, which skills do you feel helped you in your business?
A:  I think my previous experience managing people has really helped me. I have 8 contracted employees and I have had to be very selective with who I hire. You must have good pet sitters to run a successful business and be able to trust them. You have to have a good relationship with them so they can provide the best customer service.

Q: Why did you choose to enter the pet care industry?
A: We chose to enter into the pet care industry because we love pets! The people that use Fetch! are the type of clientele that hold their pets in high esteem, and since I have always had an interest in this field, it seemed like a natural fit that I would help care for other people’s animals.

Q: What makes your business different?
A:  Most pet companies are one person operations. We have many different pet sitters so no matter what you are going to get a qualified and trusted sitter from us. We will never have to turn a pet away because we are prepared to handle many different clients.

ABOUT FETCH! PET CARE
Fetch! Pet Care was founded in Berkeley, Calif., in 2002 by Paul Mann, who wanted his pets to remain in his home instead of kenneling them while he traveled. Finding no professional company suitable to the task, Mann started his own firm with the goal of providing as-needed, reliable, and loving care to pets of all kinds. Today, there are more than 3,000 Fetch! professionals operating in 1,500 U.S. communities. FETCH! Pet Care is the nation's largest and most trusted provider of professional pet sitting and dog walking services, serving thousands of pets and pet parents from coast to coast. Comprised of pet lovers turned business owners, each independently and locally owned Fetch! focuses on taking the stress out of finding a sitter and adding convenience to customer’s lives by doing all of the legwork for them. Fetch! matches you and your pets with the most qualified, experienced pet professional possible. For more information, visit www.fetchpetcare.com

1 comment:

  1. pet franchise Texas provides an Dog Day Care Franchise offering affordable prices and dependable service.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics